Grade 7s have been working on a group short story assignment which required them to read one of five selected short stories:
All Summer in a Day by Ray Bradbury
The Treasure of Lemon Brown by Walter Dean Myers
To Build a Fire by Jack London
Thank You M’am by Langston Hughes
Dreams by Budge Wilson
1. After reading, please complete 3 of the following 6 prompts in your Reading Response Notebook:
• The most important character is…….because…
• I can relate to….
• If I was the author, I’d change…..
• What I think will happen next is……
• If I were….(character in story), I’d…..
• I believe the author wanted the reader to……
2. Then, decide with your group which of the Response Activities you will complete. Response Activities can be found on the assignment link below:
3. We will continue to work on these Response Activities in our next few classes. You will then have the Christmas Break to finalize your work. Group presentations of the story will begin on January 9. I will post specific presentation dates next week, so please check back here for updates.
4. In addition to your group work, you must also independently complete a plot diagram (based on the story you read) and hand this in to me the week of January 9. Click on the link below to get a copy of the plot diagram: